Looking for the hottest hair inspiration for 2022? As we start the transition from summer to winter, now is a great time for a hair makeover. Over the last year, we’ve seen a number of styles - many of them carrying forward into the new year. From shaggy layers to statement updos and multi-tone highlights, this year’s hair inspiration is all about versatile styles that can be dressed up or down.
Hair Inspiration for 2022
Before we some of our favourite hair inspiration for 2022, let’s kick off with a few things you’ll want to think about before making changes…
The biggest thing of all is to remember that not every style will work with your hair type, face shape and skin tone. Following trends without considering these things can end up in a hairdo that is more fail than fab. Growing out styles and cuts is hard enough. When you hate your new cut, it’s even worse. Speaking to your stylist is the simplest way to avoid a hair makeover disaster.
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, here are some of our favourite looks to watch for the rest of 2022.
- Shaggy layers. These work well with bobs but they are equally versatile on mid and longer-length styles. Whether you add bangs or not, the look is textured and low-fuss, without much need to style every day.
- Up-dos. One of the top up-dos to watch this year is the sleek-back look with a loose pony at the back. This style works with every hair type. It is super easy to do - slick back the hair and add volume to the back with extra big curls.
- Multi-tone. For colour, multi-tone highlights like tortoiseshell are still huge right now. These are a great way to bring our your natural colour among other colours. It also adds movement and texture.
- Fringes. Curtain, straight, feathered… fringes elevate any style. They work on all hair types and styles - from natural and curly to fine and straight.
- Blow-outs. Huge volume blow-outs are especially good for longer hair of all types. Use mousse or hairspray and aim for big and beautiful hair that brings to mind old-fashioned glam.