Wondering how to build a skincare routine for men? It’s not just the ladies who need a good routine for healthy, happy skin. Many men see skincare as an afterthought. Skincare isn’t simply a matter of using a face wash and slapping on an after-shave balm, however. Without a decent routine in place, you may find yourself dealing with the very same issues that women face. These range from premature signs of ageing to dry skin, breakouts and other problems.
The good news is that you don’t have to spend a long time in front of the mirror with a complicated routine. This quick and easy skincare routine for men is made to save you time and effort while still getting all the benefits of good skincare habits.
Building a Good Skincare Routine for Men
The first thing to do is identify your skin type. Products and steps needed for dry skin will be different to those for oily skin. Next, you’ll be ready to build your skincare routine.
- Cleanse. The first step is to use a qualitycleanser made for your skin type. Use this morning and night. Don’t forget to give your beard a proper cleanse while you’re doing your face.
- Exfoliate. You can look for an exfoliating cleanser to simplify this step. Or look for a separateexfoliator to use a few times a week. This is used after cleansing. It removes dead skin cells, improving skin texture and reducing dullness.
- Tone.Toner is an astringent. This means that it cleans out pores. It helps to remove any excess sebum or dead skin cells not removed during cleansing. It also tightens your skin and makes pores look smaller.
- Hydrate. While you can get away with using a cheaper cleanser and toner, you don’t want to do this with yourmoisturiser. This is an investment and will pay off by giving you softer, smoother skin.
- Finish. Along with a moisturiser, adding aneye cream can also make a difference. This will target fine lines around your eyes and remove any puffiness. You can also look at giving your skin an added boost withserums or weeklyface masks.
Look after your skin and you will be rewarded with healthy skin that looks good and feels even better. These simple steps take a few minutes out of your day. Take the time to care for your skin and shop awide range of products to build your skincare routine for men